Top Roofing Material Used On Residential Idaho Homes
The most common type of residential roofing in Idaho is asphalt shingles. Asphalt shingles are available in a variety of colors and styles, and can be matched to the exterior color and design of almost any home. Asphalt shingles are also relatively easy to install, and can be done so by a qualified roofing contractor.
Shingles For Residential Roofs
Asphalt shingles are made up of a base layer of felt or fiberglass, which is then covered with a layer of asphalt. Asphalt shingles are made of a fiberglass mat that is coated with asphalt and then covered with ceramic granules which help to protect the asphalt from the sun and weather. The granules also provide a bit of traction, which can be helpful in areas where there is a lot of rain or snow.
Asphalt shingles also have a longer lifespan than some other roofing materials, typically lasting 20-30 years depending upon the weather and exposure to the sun and heat. Home roof inspections are recommended to extend the life of the roof and uncover any potential damage.
Top Choice For Roofing On Residential Homes
Shingles are a very popular choice for residential roofing because they are relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and look great on almost any home. However, there are a few things to keep in mind if you are considering asphalt shingles for your roof. Asphalt shingles are not the most durable roofing material, and can be damaged by high winds or hail. Most roof damage is a result of poorly installed shingles that have been damaged from the Idaho, wind, snow, and hail. If you live in an area that is prone to severe weather, it is important to make sure that a quality contractor installs your asphalt shingles correctly.
- Shingles are a durable roofing material that can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Asphalt shingles are easier to install than some other types of roofing, making them a popular choice for Idaho residents.
- Shingles come in a variety of colors and styles, making it easy to find a look that fits your home.
- Shingles are a relatively inexpensive roofing option, making them a good choice for budget-minded homeowners.
Contact E & H Roofing for a quote to either repair or replace the shingles of your home and protect your property.
Residential Roofing with Metal
Metal Roofing Metal roofing is becoming increasingly popular in Boise, due to its durability, energy efficiency, and low maintenance. Metal roofs can last up to 50 years or more, and are excellent at reflecting heat, which can help keep your home cooler in the summer. Metal roofs also come in a variety of colors and styles to match any home.
Durability of Metal Roofing
When it comes to choosing a roof for your home, there are many options available. But if you live in an area with severe weather conditions, metal roofing may be the best option. Here are four reasons why metal roofing is a good idea for homes in Idaho:
- Metal roofs are durable and can withstand severe weather conditions.
- Metal roofs are fire resistant and can help protect your home in case of a fire.
- Metal roofs are energy-efficient and can help keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Metal roofs are low maintenance and can last for decades with proper care.
Contact E & H Roofing today to inquire about installing a metal roof for your residential property.